Over the weekend I was able to get a little sewing done. I haven't touched my machine in over a month, which is a long time for me. I have about a million yards of leftover red satin from my dad's quilt binding so I made a cute little bow belt. There's a tutorial for it over at Tilly and the Buttons. I also made one out of black linen which was so much easier to work with and came out a lot nicer, but photographs terribly. I'm in the middle of trying to make another belt out of gold lamé, which I'm dreading the sewing, but am excited about the end product. I also managed to make a few pairs of potholders, too, which I am really happy with. I used to use bias tape for the binding, but I've started to make my own binding and I think it looks so much better. I also use two layers in insulated batting and quilt each top, so I'm really pleased with the overall quality. What I'm NOT pleased with, however, is Artoo's new favorite hiding place. I've been in my apartment for almost a year now and he has never bothered my stash of fabric before, but lately that's where he has been hiding out. At least he's laying on the pile of fabric that I never use. I'd be pretty irked if he chose to start sleeping on my nice designer fabric.